Island Protect was established in 2019 as a collaboration between Bali Children Foundation, Bali Hope and Friends of Lembongan.
The aim is to raise funds in order to deal with the environmental challenges faced by Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan – both on land in the ocean.
Thanks to the generous donations and fundraising achieved to date, the following is now in place:
– English classes with a strong environmental message established in all 7 schools for students from grades 2 to 10
– Computer classes
– Lembongan Recycling Centre
– Street cleaners throughout the Desa Lembongan area which includes Ceningan
– 2 x permanent waste centres
– A Sponsor A Bin (SAB) programme
Funds have been raised via the following:
– Bali Hope Swim Run event
– Various fundraising lunches
– The sponsored bins
– Donations from businesses, individuals and private villa owners on the islands
– Private donations from overseas individuals who care about the islands
What needs to be done?
– Further resources required for Lembongan Recycling (expansion of their covered working area, operational funds, new composting area)
– On-going funding of the English and computer classes
– Additional permanent waste centres to be put in place
– More bins to go around the islands for public areas
How can you help?
– Sponsor some bins and/or permanent waste centres
– Donate funds on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis towards our programmes
– Become a corporate sponsor
– Be a one off donor! Every amount makes a difference.